Friday, May 31, 2013

Had my first day of teaching today and it was a lot of fun. I will admit I was fairly nervous, but it all went well I have several classes with a few students in each class and each of varying ages and skill levels (age not necessarily a good indicator of skill level). The classroom is kind of warm but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
I noticed a few things while teaching today:

1. Korean middle school girls are very weird.
2. If you dress with style, the male students will compliment you and the female students will laugh, and behave strangely.
3. Korean middle school girls are weird, very weird.
4. Korean children are no different from American children with regards to fact that they will both do just about anything for candy.
5. Korean children are freakishly adorable even if they are misbehaving.
6. Korean middle school girls may account for at least half the worlds laughter.

As the day ended I realized that I was alone in a foreign country. It's a depressing feeling but I'm sure I'll be ok as long as I stay busy. There are a lot of things to do and see and I am really excited for all of it. Best of all me and Alex will be reunited in just a few months!

Annyeonghi gaseyo!


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like quite an experience Matt! I remember laughing a lot in middle school and my teachers thought I was very strange!! It was all hormonal, I'm sure!
    Keep doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, MAtt! I hope you get used to the new circumstance faster! :) Let me know if you need help from me. -Holland

    ReplyDelete